Actress Sandhya Mridul Opens Up Around Allergic Sexual Harassment From Alok Nath

Lady Sandhya Mridul, who's performed movies like Page 3, Angry Indian Goddesses and Socha Na Tha, has opened about confronting sexual harassment by Alok Nath, who had been recently convicted of rape by filmmaker Vinta Nanda.


At a thorough account shared with HuffPost India, Mridul shared the ordeal she confronted at a telefilm with Nath.
Here is her account.
At the start of my profession, I had been shooting a telefilm at Kodaikanal.  I had been the lead.  Moreover, excited.  Alok Nath was my father and Reema Lagoo, my mother.
Alok Nath was impressed by me and called me"God's child" and publicly praised me daily.  I had been over the moon.  I was a fan of the Babuji.  I felt so happy and confident.
Until one night following an early package up.  The throw went out for supper.  He obtained drunk and began insisting I sit with him, and I belonged to him along with other things I do recall, but it left me nervous and uneasy.  My co-star realized what was happening and got me from there.
We moved back to the resort without dinner.  I had been back in my area, and it was late along with the costume dada arrived into my area to give me my clothes for the next day as I had a call time.  Moments after he left there was a knock on my door I opened the door thinking that it was him.  It had been an Alok Nath I tried to close the door, but he pushed it and lunged at me, I resigned he went flying past me to the area.  I dropped back to the bathroom door he jumped at me screaming I want you you're mine.  I dodged he moved to the restroom, and I believe I snapped the loo door and hurried from my area down the corridor to the lobby.  My DoP was there creating a call at the reception.
He returned to my room precisely what ensued was traumatic as a belligerent Alok Nath refused to depart.  Kept screaming crying threatening is abusing trying to catch me.  However, at some stage, we managed to make him leave.  The hairdresser forced and was called to sleep in my room, and I had been shaken up.
In a couple of hours, I'd scenes with Bauji, in a single I needed to sit on his lap and shout.  When I think about it, I feel nauseous.
It did not stop there.  Every evening drinks every night calls were made to my room.  I dreaded the ring.  I needed to keep it off the hook the majority of the times.  However, then he'd come calling.  It was a catch 22 situation.  I had the hairdresser transferred into my area.  I was a wreck.
Few days after I got sick & was set up and could not shoot.  The strain had violated me.  He continued to traumatize me.  Moreover, knocks.  The hairdresser will reply.  One day when he awakened in the door and yelled and begged to permit into sodas for me.  I could not take it anymore. I advised her to accompany him in..he pulled a chair near my mattress and howled.  Said he had been an alcoholic and he had ruined all his family his union what is, and I was like his daughter and that he admired me and he was sorry.  He states he'd learned his lesson and that he'd go to therapy and then shift all of it.
I finally broke my silence that I cried shouted cried, and it had completed.  I thought I needed to.
He abandoned.  He got away.  I don't understand how I took to the rest weeks and days.
I am thankful for my co-actors, my DOP & particularly the overdue Reema Lagoo for eventually taking him protecting me just like a mother from then on.
However, it was too late; the wickedness was done.  I returned an extremely disillusioned, shy disgraced & home.  He proceeded to return to Bombay and tell folks I was arrogant and hard.  All apologies are forgotten.  He was a very guy that I was a newbie.  He laid the base others like him constructed.  People who heard'No'.  Attitude my offense.  The deal breaker.
Mr. Alok Nath.  You understand this to be true, as do others.
I needed to forgive you for myself then and for my sanity but I won't ever forgive you for everything you did with Vinta.  I adored and always admired him.
I stand by you Vinta.  What I went through is nothing related to you,  I am so sorry.
More power to you.
To all.
I am sure there are others.  I recommend you to come.
"Your time is up to Sir."
The challenge is sexual harassment was open to interpretation.
I come out of a time when nobody wanted to listen. As soon as I tried to talk, I had been identified hard and arrogant.
Moreover, substituted from work.
Also, there weren't any societal websites to make ourselves heard, right.
It has taken me years to put these demons to rest and proceed.
Also, avoid it all.
However, it never goes off.  Can it?
I do small work since I do it with people I hope.  My choices
I believed I had two options then.  One, to struggle for 2 or work to maintain my dignity.
And avoid the battle, the ugliness, and humiliation to my family and me.
I picked the latter.  At there.
It is far different now; they understand me, so I am spared.  From misuse.
And out of work.
Although I was able to escape or stop it and it never reached the stage where I had attacked physically.
My spirit was.  My imagination was.  My profession was.
However, I stood my ground.  It obtained.
My daring bindaas badass image comes from there.
But nobody wanted to utilize" such a girl."
Yes, I had told.  On a lot of occasions.
My profession set in stone.
What Tanushree has begun is commendable.
I am happy today girls can talk go on social networking.  So there's that stage.
Plus it is relatively stable.  I think.
We've got a voice eventually.
I have a good deal more to say.  Nonetheless, it buried.  I want to dig up everything I murdered.
For I need more guts and clarity.
I want time.
Yes, a number people want time.  To dig in the darkness and shame, we have buried to have the ability to use dignity and strength.
I am work in advance.
And where do I start?
So much happened that I can not recall.
And the worst part is that I do not have proof.
Except for me.
However, I reside with Tanushree.  And Vinta.  And each girl.  Who's been through this suit will be followed by and break her excitement.
We've got a voice.
I'd love to inform each of the newcomers that they ought to use it.  Correctly.  Honestly.  Wisely.  Fearlessly.
Do not be ashamed.
Do not be scared.
Do not bury.
Do not allow it to fester.  And rust your spirit.
Let's Talk.
Let us keep this fire going.  

No comments